Our Returns Policy is simple - if something is not right please let us (The Cafe Racer Shop) know first. It may be a simple fix or require extra parts that we can send to remedy the issue.
We will accept returns based on the following policy;
- Faulty or Misrepresented Items
- This is a no brainer - if the item is faulty or does not match the description we will refund the purchase price of the item. All refunds are issued once we receive the item back to our store.
- Any item that is faulty will be given a refund once it has been returned to us and inspected.
- ALL electric / electronic items are subject to testing before any refund will be considered.
- Unless otherwise stated all new items sold by us have a 12 month warranty
- If you change your mind
- We will accept returns if you change your mind within 30 days of the sale date. We allow an additional four (4) days to allow for postage. Over 30 days we may consider a buy back, refer to the option below
- Returned items must be in the original unmarked packaging, including all fittings, nuts, bolts, instructions / paper work. The packaging must be in a saleable condition. Packaging covered in packing tape, postage lables, con-notes and stickers is not considered a saleable condition. We recommend that returns be sent in a postage satchel or in another box. If your return is incomplete let us know and we may be able to work out something (refer to the Buy Back Option below)
2. Please contact us before you send anything back - we will provide a secure return delivery address. There are no exceptions to this. We also recommend that returns are sent with tracking and signature required for delivery. This is for your protection and security. We will not issue a refund for something that has disappreared in the mail.
We will not accept returns on;
- Used items - you can't use something for a couple of weeks and send it back.
- Clothing - including, but not limited to Helmets, gloves, clothing etc. Simple Hygiene rules dictates this. This is absolute and won't change.
- Second / Used parts we have sold - These items will be marked as No warranty applicable at the point of sale.
- Motorcycles - complete or incomplete motorcycles we sell are sold in an as is where is basis. Statutory warranty does not apply to motorcycles
- Stuff that you have broken, dropped, fitted wrong, over tightened, stripped or fell off due to poor workmanship. Also if you wire it up incorrectly and melt it.
- Special Order items - Items that have been ordered in or made to suit your application / request. This includes but is not limited to Raask and Tarozzi parts, parts that have been especially procured for you, Where a parts has been ordered using a part number / SKU / Code supplied by the customer and not verified by Us.
Return postage costs
- Return freight / postage cost is at the buyers expense. Our logic there is if you take something back to Kmart your would have to pay for the fuel or bus fare to get there and back.
- We recommend that using a pre-paid satchel with tracking is the best option. Please advise us of the tracking number to allow for efficient returns.
110% Store Credit Option
Sometimes it is not viable to send something back - in that case The Cafe Racer Shop may offer up to 110% of the purchase price (excluding postage) as a store credit to be used within 12 months from the issue date. There are certain requirements for this like clear photo's of the defect) but we'll talk to you about this to see if it an option that suits you.
We reserve the right to cancel, alter, extend or discontinue this offer with out notice.
Buy Back Option
Had something for more than 30 days and have changed your mind? Got something that you don't want any more? Bought something elsewhere and they won't take it back? Well this is an option. Let us know and from there we'll make a commercial offer on your item to buy it from you. The offer price will be based on various things like availability, our stock, the rarity of the item, if it was a special order and to be honest, if we can re-sell it ad make a buck. Let us know and we'll work out an offer.
ABOVE ALL ELSE LET US KNOW BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING! SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CAN RESOLVE MOST THINGS